Senior Creative Sync Manager
Rocking Horse Road Productions is a small, independently owned music licensing company with a music supervision department, a boutique management department and its sync department, which represents RHR Music Publishing and Coversion Music – the sync focused covers catalogue.
RHR is currently looking for a full-time Sync Manager to take over the day-to-day running, and overall growth, of the sync department. This includes running the department fully on a day to day basis, so previous management experience is an asset.
We are looking for someone who will treat the department as their own personal business and not just a pay check. The Sync Manager position will offer a lot of freedom to the ideal candidate, but it takes someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and a background in the industry to really lead a small worldwide team, and continue our growth trajectory. Even though there is a small team – this position is for someone who can be present and involved in all aspects of sync.
Because this is a home (or other) based position, the perfect Sync Manager can be based anywhere – but preference is for LA. However, if you think this is TOTALLY YOUR JOB, please apply. Travel will be required. We need a strong and focused individual looking to make their mark on something and looking to make a real difference to a small business with a ton of potential.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Learn and know the ins and outs of the current catalogues
- Pitching catalogue songs to brief
- Brief generation
- Relationship management with artists and their teams
- Liaising with pitch partners and growing that network worldwide
- Attending events and conferences as needed
- Defining the overall goals and procedures for the department
- Drafting contracts and licenses and collect contracts for signature
- A&R and submission review and responses
- Promote and grow Coversion Music – at home and overseas
- Oversee promotions and promotional and marketing tools updates
The ideal candidate will
- Have a high level understanding and a background in rights clearance.
- Already possess a vast array of contacts in the film, television, video game, advertising and trailer worlds.
- Love to network – including attending parties and events. Must love people!
- Be results based and goal oriented
- Be proactive and be able to identify new opportunities
- Have an extremely strong work ethic and drive
- Know that ‘work hours’ in this type of business are not always straightforward
- (Obviously) have a real passion and knowledge for music, the music industry, and music in media
Please send Salary expectations and resume or other type of creative application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’ve landed some great syncs in the past, let us know. If you want to name drop, please do. We’re weighing everything very carefully to find the perfect person to join our team and lead the division to greatness.