Rocking Horse Road Productions is a multi-service music licensing house offering pitching / sync, licensing, a production music library, and publishing administration and music consultation services.
With over 12 years in the music industry as label assistant and artist manager, Rocking Horse Road’s Janesta Boudreau has garnered many reputable contacts and continues to build relationships with worldwide industry contacts. Janesta started Rocking Horse Road Productions in December 2012 as a sync agency, and it has since grown it into a multi-service music licensing house. For a full view overview of these services, please see below.
SYNC AGENCY / PITCH AGENT
Rocking Horse Road Productions specializes in representing the best music on Canada’s East Coast and beyond to music supervisors, producers, directors, corporations, and online media companies for placement in film, television, online media, radio, and video games. From Celtic music to the burgeoning hip hop scene, traditional folk singers to metal and indie rock to electro pop and EDM – we have it all.
Our goal is to ensure that our roster of great, fresh music is being heard and considered for placements throughout North America and beyond – we’re ready, willing and able to help with your music needs. Add us to your email search lists or contact us!
Placements include: Phillips’ One Blade international TV ad campaign, The Girl In The Photographs (feature film – exec. produced by Wes Craven), Teen Mom 2 (various episodes, MTV), Saving Hope (various episodes, CTV / NBC), Rookie Blue (various episodes, Global / ABC), SEED (City TV / The CW), Awkward (MTV), The Grand Seduction (feature film), Muffin Top (feature film), Street League Skateboarding, and more.
Why Rocking Horse Road?
– We offer extremely quick and easy clearances – the vast majority of our artists hold both master and sync rights and are already excited about their music being used in placements.
– At least one of our artists will fit your needs – we currently represent 75+ independent artists offering QUALITY MUSIC in most EVERY GENRE. Check out the roster here.
– We will pitch appropriate tracks to you quickly, and answer any questions promptly and fully. RHR is committed to each of our artists, so we know their music intimately and can deliver you tunes based on tempo, lyrical content, genre, etc.
– We are experienced in the music industry and provide exceptional customer service
PRODUCTION MUSIC LIBRARY
RHR’s Production Music Library features, one-stop, pre-cleared music from hand picked composers, soundscape artists, producers and DJs, and artists / musicians from around the world. No need to sign up or sign in to search tracks, review licenses and pricing, research our composers, or email a track to a colleague. DO sign in to make custom playlists or to purchase tracks (in order to keep your information safe!). Everything is completely automated, even the delivery of your license, but if you have any questions, or want information on bigger licenses or custom compositions, we are here to help! Email Emma!
Composers Include: Emmy Award Winner Jeff Whitcher, Jim Guthrie, Erasmus Talbot, Willow Bell, Pineo & Loeb, and more!
Why Rocking Horse Road?
– We have consulted with music supervisors and industry players on pricing and ease of use to provide a very easy and affordable service – with pricing in Canadian Dollars
– Our motto, “Sound Good. Do Good. Feel Good.” is more than a motto. We give a portion of profits to Unison Benevolent Fund, which supports Canadian artists and industry professionals in need
– We have instituted a Charity Program, in lieu of a Loyalty Program to reward our best customers with a credit on their purchases to put forth to a charity of their choice
– The system’s search functions are really easy to use, but also powerful. Search by mood, style words, or by bmp, keywords, metadata or ‘sounds like’ searching or by uploading a reference track to find a match!
Some companies only need licensing services for a couple of projects per year, while others have their music budget set with specific tracks in mind, but are not sure how to contact rights owners or proceed with the paperwork. If you are in need of an experienced professional to help you license music for your project, we are here. Rocking Horse Road Productions offers clearance and licensing services so that you can concentrate on what YOU do best. Get in touch!
Clients include: Revolve Branding / Music Mogul game, Frontier Developments
Why Rocking Horse Road?
– We research and contact rights owners on your behalf
– We act as middleman for any further monetary or contractual negotiations
– We can issue the applicable master and synchronization licenses complete with appropriate language and terms for film, television, online media or game uses
– We understand the needs of coverage from both the licensor and licensee’s point of view
MUSIC CONSULTATION / ADMINISTRATION
Janesta graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce (BComm) Degree in Marketing Management from Dalhousie University, before working with Sonic Records, Sonic Concerts, Phillips Public Relations, and in Artist Management with bands like Wintersleep, Great Big Sea, Postdata and Sean McCann. She now works in Sync as well as with music licensing and Intellectual Property licensing for UK Video Game Company, Frontier Developments. Do you need an extra hand, an opinion or advice? Write!
Clients include: Supersonic Creative, Jones and Co. Management, ‘Random Acts of Romance’ film, Film and Creative Industries Nova Scotia, Frontier Developments, Halifax Pop Explosion, Mariner film, and more.